Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Baby Shower!

A couple weekends ago my wonderful friends threw me my first baby shower!  It was held at Kristen's beautiful houseboat in Portage Bay.  It was such a special day and I felt so blessed by everyone's generosity and love.  Baby boy Spaulding is definitely spoiled so far!  A major thank you to Hillary and Kristen for being the greatest hostesses ever!  And thanks also to Heidi, Jana, Karen and Sarah for helping out. 

My favorite part was when everyone went around to introduce themselves and say how they knew me.  About 80% of the group were friends who I met in elementary school or junior high!  And we're still really close friends!  I think that's definitely a rareity.  And the other 20% of the group is part of my wonderful family.  I feel so lucky to be entering this mommy journey with such amazing people in my life. 

One of the most memorable parts of the shower was a game where everyone filled in the blanks on a Wishes for Baby card such as "I hope you learn ___________ or I hope you laugh ___________ or I hope you grow _________________.  Some of my favorite phrases were "I hope you never forget God is always with you", "I hope you get to live abroad", "I hope you aren't afraid of spiders", "I hope you ignore your Uncle Ryan's snyde comments", "I hope you become witty like your dad", and "I hope you respect those who are different than you."  Everyone read their cards aloud when I opened their gift.  What a special keepsake!  I can't wait to read them to our son. 

Here are some photos from the lovely event:

Cute decorations!
My brother and Tracey
So fun being pregnant at the same time!
Enjoying the yummy brunch
My wonderful brother captured the event on film (notice the adorable banner Hillary made of children's book covers)
Tamara, Sarah, Tracey, Leslie and Vanessa
Kristen, Kristine, Karen and Hillsy
Are they laughing at how big my belly is?
Husky paraphenilia!  Our boy isn't even born yet and he's already a fan
Even the cake matched the invitation
Great artsy shot captured by  Ryan
Me and "Nana"
Best hostesses ever!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Wish I was there! Lovin' your bump girl! Looking GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great and by the looks of things...Baby Boy Spaulding is not lacking in the love department!! You are almost there girl!!

    ReplyDelete