I've had some long distance friends ask to see bump pictures though so I thought I'd post a picture finally. It's nice to be in the stage where it's obvious that I'm pregnant. In months 4 and 5 I think people could tell that my belly was a little bigger but they didn't feel comfortable saying anything since they weren't sure. I could just see the thoughts going through their minds..."Has Megan let herself go a little bit? Or could she be pregnant?" Now people freely ask "Oh when are you due?" or they say "I didn't know your were pregnant. How exciting!" It's a much more comfortable space socially. Physically on the other hand though, comfortable is definitely not the word I would use. I'm officially in the 3rd trimester now and I can feel things stretching, loosening and aching. I don't want to complain because it really hasn't been that bad, but I definitely am feeling heavier. It's no wonder too because baby is a strong one. He's been moving around a lot! Feeling him move is surreal, amazing, and kind of strange all at the same time. More than anything though feeling him move is comforting. If his moving is any indication, we're gonna have an active baby on our hands.
Work on the nursery is in full effect although there's not much to show for it yet. Right now it looks like a tornado hit it. Slowly but surely it will come together. I'll post the finished product when we get there. In the meantime, all is well with the Spauldings and we can't wait to meet this little guy come May!
 |
| About 7 months pregnant (excuse the sleepy, no makeup look) |
P.S. Happy Valentine's Day!!
BEAUTIFUL! SO happy for you. Enjoy this time! So special.
ReplyDeleteHi Megs,
ReplyDeleteGreat (no pun intended) picture! Your description of the changes your body is going through helps us guys a great deal. I especially enjoy hearing you speak of baby as a real, though yet unseen (except via ultrasound) person. How I wish your thoughts, your love for your (our) yet unborn child would be the attitude and perspective of every woman who is blessed to be pregnant. Barb and I are so thankful that God has given you to James, and to us.
The loving Granpa to be,
Jay
You look so cute!!!!! Just happy and glowing and adorable. Congrats, and I can't wait to meet this little guy!
ReplyDeleteK - I look like a cow at 7 mths along. You are tiny and so cute! ( tho I know you don't feel it!). To see my dear friend Megan with a baby bump is a joy, let me tell you. I cannot wait to see him in your arms! You will be a fabulous mother. I am so excited and happy for you and James. My thoughts are with you often, knowing that the big day is approaching.... I love you girl! Xoxo
ReplyDelete