The Christmas season was a bit shorter this year because of my trip to India. And I even had to miss a couple things just because it was hard to fit them in before I left. But the India trip was actually a blessing in disguise in regards to the Christmas season. I realized when I got home that I had actually been carrying around quite a bit of stress about the trip--more than I realized. Before I left I was nervous about the length of the flight and being so far away from the family. I was also strategizing what to pack, making a list of all the reminders and schedules for James, and was trying to do as much as I could for Christmas shopping before leaving. When I arrived home from India, I noticed a huge weight had been lifted. I not only survived the trip, but had had a really amazing time. And because I had been carrying more stress than I realized about it, all the sudden the Christmas season seemed like a breeze. I was just so happy to be home and to be able to fully immerse in all the festivities. So my India trip ultimately made for a very low stress Christmas and helped me to just enjoy and be present.
Below are the highlights of Christmas 2019 through photos:
 |
For me, the Christmas season officially begins on Thanksgiving weekend actually when we do our annual trek to Molbaks for the Poinsettia Christmas trees
|
 |
| That same weekend we do a fun Downtown Seattle day to start Christmas shopping, see the Gingerbread houses, ride the carousel and see the train in the Macys window. This year Ryan, Carly and Laila joined us! |
 |
| Because we were trying to fit everything in before I left on my trip, we also got our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving was late this year so it actually ended up being the same time we always get it. We lucked out with a beautiful day! |
 |
| This was a wonderful day as a family. But I was also very sad inside. On Thanksgiving I found out my dear friend I've grown up with lost her 2-year-old daughter suddenly to a respiratory sickness. So this was a very bittersweet day. |
 |
| And to round out the full, but good weekend, we did our annual Santa Train tradition! Train from North Bend Depot to Snoqualmie Depot to meet Santa and have some cookies & hot cocoa. Then we eat a yummy dinner at North Bend Bar & Grill. This is by far our favorite Christmas family tradition. |
 |
| While I was gone, James and all the grandparents took the boys for their official Santa photos. So cute! |
 |
| I know--this doesn't look very Christmasy! But since we had time off and it was a slow time, we decided to finally get Cameron's small hernia removed. It was something he was born with that never went away so they felt they should surgically remove it so it doesn't bother him later on. He was a very brave boy! |
 |
| Another favorite annual tradition--decorating cookies with Nana and Pops! |
I didn't get any photos, but James and I did our annual Christmas shopping date day to Bainbridge. It was a nice, calm day this year because we had most of our major Christmas shopping done and were just looking for stocking stuffers and books. We also enjoyed Happy Hour at Ruth's Chris in Bellevue which we haven't done since before we had kids!
 |
| Nate was thrilled to be in the church Christmas play again called the Colors of Christmas. He did a great job as always--funny, cute, and right on cue! |
 |
A very special treat was taking the boys to the Nutcracker for the very first time this year! And all the grandparents
joined us. |
 |
| Delicious danish at Nielsen's bakery--a Christmas Eve morning tradition |
 |
| Lighting the Advent candle at Christmas Eve service |
 |
| Christmas Eve at Nana and Pops'! |
 |
| A lovely Christmas morning at home. Look at all that loot! |
 |
| Spending Christmas day at Gramma and Grampa's! |
 |
| Finally visited the Enchant Christmas at T-Mobile Park in Seattle. What a fun experience! |
Gosh when I put it all down on here and reflect back on it, we did A LOT this past Christmas. So many fun things. Even in the midst of me being gone for a whole week! But what a special time with our boys at these ages--so many great memories and traditions. Already excited to do it all again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment