Monday, August 27, 2018

Lake Chelan Trip


This summer is quickly drawing to a close.  And I find myself thinking back to all the fun we had this summer.  We usually don't like to travel very far from home in the summer because the weather is amazing.  But we did take one longer trip this summer--with my parents to Lake Chelan.

Lake Chelan is honestly one of my most favorite summer vacation spots.  The weather is amazing, the lake is so clean and refreshing, and there's so much to do activity-wise.  I'm glad our boys have so many great memories there already in their young lives.  It feels like a mini-Hawaii in our state (although minus the palm trees).

We started out our trip in July with some old friends actually.  Old friends from Eastlake who we now have a tradition with to do the ChelanMan triathlon race every summer.  We rented a new house together and had a great time catching up.  James and Darin did the Olympic triathlon on Saturday and I did the sprint triathlon (the full sprint this time--not the try-a-tri!) on Sunday.  James did such a great job this year and finally got his goal time of 3 hours!  I was excited because I came in around the same amount of time as 2 years ago and I had a longer swim!  So I felt good about my training schedule.  Plus we really lucked out with gorgeous weather.  There truly is no other place like it for a race environment.  I was nervous about the swim because it was 1/2 mile.  I thought maybe it would take me 40 minutes, but I surprised myself and it only took me 20 minutes!  And I actually really enjoyed the swim.  It's just so nice swimming open water in a clean, deep, refreshing lake.  Overall a very successful and fun race weekend for James and me!





But the absolute best and cutest part of the ChelanMan weekend is the kids Splash n Dash.  The boys got to do their very own mini triathlon!  The do a short "swim", ride their bikes and then run.  Nate did it a couple years ago and Cameron got to join him this year!  They did great and I was so proud of them.  Both of them used their pedal bikes too which was exciting.











My mom and dad came out just as Nate and Cam did their race to cheer them on.  Now that the races were over, we were ready to finally shift into vacation mode!  We shifted over to stay at the Lake Chelan Shores condos in the same condo we've stayed in 3 times now!  And we got to stay all week.  A couple years ago we went to Chelan and there were so many fires it was clouded in smoke the entire time.  This year was heavenly as the views of the lake were gorgeous and the weather was warm with abundant sunshine.  We spent a lot of time in the pool (Nate started swimming on his own!), played frisbee at night on the grass, cooked yummy meals, took naps, watched movies, ate the Warners' homemade salsa, and just totally vegged out.  One day of course had to be spent at Slide Waters too.  The boys went on larger water slides this year which was so brave of them!  Our good friends the Faders were in town the first couple of days so we spent some fun lake/pool time with them and their kids.  And we enjoyed a delicious dinner at one of our favorite restaurants--Sorrentos.  James and I even got away for a date day doing some wine tasting!  And mom and I got away to do a little shopping in town.  All in all it was a wonderful vacation--more than we could ask for.  Chelan never disappoints in giving us a true summer vibe.








Behind us is the view from our condo deck!






No comments:

Post a Comment