I can't believe I've been remiss in updating about our newest family member! After all, he's been with us now since Christmas.
I am so pleased to introduce you to our fish, Batman!
Batman is a Betta fish and was given to Nathan for Christmas by Gramma and Grampa (Thank you, Gramma & Grampa!). We named him Batman mostly because of his blue and black coloring. Isn't he pretty? So far he has been the perfect pet for our stage in life right now. He gets fed 2 times a day. We clean his tank out once a week. And other than that he is very low maintenance which is about all we can handle right now with our busy schedule. He is simply content to swim around his little tank, hide in his octopus tunnel and observe the goings on of the Spauldings.
What I've been surprised about is actually how interactive he is! When I come up to his cage, he greets me and I know it sounds weird, but he actually seems excited that someone has come to say hi! Or maybe he thinks I'm just there to feed him. But I like to think that he knows us and is happy to get some attention. I've read that you can train Bettas to do tricks and jump up to get their food from your hand. We haven't tried that yet, but sometimes when I'm feeding him, Batman will do a little jump for the food so I think he's interested in doing some tricks at some point.
Batman resides in Nathan's room. We all take turns feeding him and it's been fun to teach the boys how to be mindful of taking care of a pet. Hopefully we can keep him healthy and around with us for a long time.
Welcome to the family, Batman!
No comments:
Post a Comment