Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Thanksgiving Weekend 2017


As I've mentioned before, Thanksgiving weekend is one of my most favorite times of the year.  Sadly this year I did a poor job of taking photos.  But it still was a really fun weekend.  We randomly captured the above family photo right before the Thanksgiving meal with an iPhone.  How did we get everyone smiling and looking at the camera?  It's truly a Thanksgiving miracle.  :)

We started off the Thanksgiving day with our new annual tradition...the Issaquah Turkey Trot.  It was pouring rain this year so I didn't even get a photo.  I left my phone in the car because I didn't want it to get soaked.  This year the run was really fun because they changed up the route and we went through Downtown Issaquah.  Despite the rain, people showed up in full force with Thanksgiving garb.  Nathan ran most of the way with us this year which was fun.  He and I raced to the finish line together.  I love how our boys are troopers--even when the weather is crummy.

Back at home we warmed up with a quick snuggle on the couch and watched a little bit of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade which is one of Nathan's favorite traditions.

Thanksgiving meal was spent at Gramma and Grampa Spaulding's house this year with Aunt Jacky and Uncle Johnathin.  Such a lovely meal as always.  And we all raved that it was one of the best turkeys we ever had--so moist and yummy!



After dinner we traveled over to Nana and Pops Warner's to enjoy dessert including Pumpkin Pie, French Silk pie and Berry pie.  Yum!  I was definitely full by the end of the night.  Thank you to all the grandparents and siblings for such delicious food!!  Lots and lots to be thankful for this year.

The next day we continued our long time tradition of going to downtown Seattle to usher in the Christmas season.  We wandered around downtown and shopped, ate lunch at the Nordstrom cafe, rode the Carousel, visited the gingerbread houses (which were in a different building this year), saw the train in the Macy's window, and enjoyed dinner at Tutta Bella.  Such a treat to have Ryan and Carly along with us this year too!



Apple Cup was the next day with a very healthy UW win!  And then the weekend was topped off by our other annual tradition now--visiting Santa!  We still love going to see Santa in the early evening on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  There are no lines and it's just a really fun thing to enjoy with the grandparents.  Then we go to a yummy dinner at Red Robin.  Perfect way to end the weekend of celebrations.



It's so fun to step back and realize how many traditions we've already started as a family.  Hopefully these are times the boys will cherish for a long time and will want to continue doing...even when their teenagers!  Yeah right! Maybe I will make them do them regardless.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment