Monday, January 30, 2017

A Christmas Recap in Photos

Well the start of 2017 has been a little rough in our household.  The second week in January we all came down with the flu (which apparently is a flu epidemic here in the state of Washington).  James, Nate and I stayed home from work/school for 3 days.  Cameron came down with it first and was mostly over it after a weekend.  Nate and James healed up in about a week.  Unfortunately for me the flu decided to hang around and turned into bronchitis and then pneumonia.  I haven't coughed so hard for so long in a really long time.  And trying to sleep was really frustrating.  Finally after the doctor did some x-rays and determined that it had evolved into pneumonia, I was put on antibiotics and now I'm feeling much better.  But whew what a rough couple of weeks!

So now that I'm on the mend, I want to make sure to capture our Christmas memories on here before we're into spring already.  Here's our Christmas recap captured in photos:

Picking out our Christmas Tree!

It turned out nicely this year.  And it didn't dry out thankfully--way less needles than last year!


Uncle Dean and Aunt Carol came to visit to help celebrate dad's birthday.  Our annual trip to Molbaks.




Visiting the Bellevue Botanical Gardens light display


Celebrating dad's 70th birthday!



Nate and Cam made their first Gingerbread House

Nate was in the Christmas play at church.  Cutest little shepherd.  He sang "Go Tell it on the Mountain" and "Away in a Manger"

Making Christmas cookies



Annual tradition to Nielsen's Bakery on Christmas Eve to pick up and eat danish



Presents!!!




Sweet photo of Barb and Jay

My favorite activity over winter break was sledding up at Hyak Sno Park!  The boys loved it!




Sadly I didn't get enough photos when we were at the Spauldings' on Christmas.  I need to be better about that next year.  What a wonderful holiday this year though.  So many blessings and fun memories.  And such a magical time with the boys being the ages that they are.  Nathan is definitely into Santa and asks tons of questions about him which is fun.  I just love this time of year and I'm sad it's over already.  But now we have spring to look forward to.  And hopefully no more sickness!



No comments:

Post a Comment