Monday, June 8, 2015

8 Months Old

Playing catch up again on baby updates.  I wanted to try and capture Cameron's 8 month development before he turns 9 months. Fail.  Seems that I'm always a month behind.  Oh well. It's still fun to go back through these and remember what was happening every month.

Here are the 8 month highlights:

*Cameron is very mobile.  It seemed like he started crawling, pulling himself up and walking around holding on to furniture all in the same week!  We think he's anxious to try and keep up with big brother.  He is squirmy too.  It's really hard to change his diaper right now because he wants to roll over and crawl on his merry way.  We've lowered his crib because who knows--this kid would probably crawl right over the railing if we weren't careful!
*Nathan and Cameron are significantly playing together more.  I can now walk away from the room and Nate will keep an eye on Cameron and very often they will actually play together either with the play kitchen or with some toys.  It's very sweet to watch.  Nathan is really good with Cameron, but occasionally I'll hear a request to take Cameron with me because he's "messing everything up."  I'm pretty sure that won't end any time soon.
*Here are Cameron's current interests/loves: balloons, the color red, his little mini toy bin of rattles and baby toys, the bouncy chair (although not as much because it's too restrictive), turning pages in books, cuddling with us and giving us open mouth kisses on our cheeks, mirrors, anything he can chew on, and the Rockativity toy that plays music.
*He is sleeping through the night occasionally but definitely not on a consistent basis yet.  I'm still feeing him 1 time in the night, but will probably start to wane that soon.  I'm hesitant though--I love those sweet cuddle times at night.
*No teeth yet!
*So far his favorite baby food purees are squash, apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots.  He gets solid foods twice a day--at lunch and dinner
*Weighs about 18 lbs

Happy 8 months our sweet boy!!

Please ignore the spit up stain in these photos.  We didn't want to miss the moment he was actually lying still.  Real life captured here.  :)

Such a happy kid!

Love this one.  What a ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment