Tuesday, October 7, 2014

One Month Old

I can't believe it, but Baby Cameron is already 1 month old!  He turned 1 month last Friday on Oct 3--on my birthday!

Before some updates and highlights though, here are a couple more photos from the photo shoot we did with my brother.  Ryan is so talented!





So far Cameron has been doing great.  He's still a pretty mellow baby.  A little more fussy than when he was first born, but it's usually pretty clear what he's fussy about--hungry, needs to burp, diaper change, etc.  He's not really fussy just to be fussy.  I can definitely see more of his personality coming out and he's more awake and alert now during the day.  Nathan still absolutely adores his baby brother and it's been fun to watch the two bond a little bit more.  Cameron really responds well when Nathan is around. I wonder if he recognizes Nathan's voice from being in the womb?  The other day Cameron was fussing and Nathan went to take care of him and Cameron calmed right down.  I can't wait to watch the bond grow even stronger as they get older.

Here are some fun highlights and tidbits at 1 month that I want to remember:

  • Cameron is smiling more!  He really just started to smile this week (week 5).  I love it--makes my day.
  • He is a great eater.  Nurses really easily and eats about every 3 hours through the day right now
  • The past couple of nights Cameron slept 4-5 hours straight!  He responds well to swaddling and sleeps better when we have him in a full swaddle.  Sometimes it just takes awhile to get him to calm down tonight and fall asleep--still working on that
  • He is a grunter just like Nathan.  Makes lots of funny grunting sounds which makes Nathan laugh
  • He's already in size 1 diapers and is starting to fit into 3 month size clothes
  • His favorite activities so far are baths, taking walks outside, tummy time and hanging out in his rocker chair
  • Cameron loves his binkie--very soothing for him
  • He is a major snuggler--he especially loves to sleep and snuggle up on Papa's chest or shoulder
Happy 1 month Baby Cameron!  We love you!!

1 month photo shoot:






1 comment: