HUGE KUDOS to James who just completed his first Olympic Distance triathlon at the ChelanMan event in Lake Chelan last weekend!! We're so proud of him! Lots of hard work and sweat went into training for the event not to mention he just had ACL surgery last fall! James awesomely conquered the 1 mile swim, 25 miles of biking and a 10K run with a smile on his face and great determination. And he felt great afterwards which shows he was well in shape.
The weekend was so fun because we got to stay right down the road from the park where the race was held with good friends who were also competing. It was so great for James to have his tri workout buddies there for support, I loved getting to hang out with the other moms as we cheered on our guys and of course Nate had a great time playing with the other kiddos. We all celebrated with a yummy dinner on Saturday night.
Nate and I are so proud of you James!!
 |
| Just about to begin! |
 |
| Luckily we stayed close so we got to take a swimming break with baby Hope while Papa was racing |
 |
| Still smiling even as he gears up to run |
 |
| Nate entertaining himself while we waited |
 |
| There's the smile again as he comes to the finish line--what a stud! |
 |
| Hooray!! |
I just realized. I was 38 when I decided to run a marathon--you know, do it before the big four-oh. That's when I bought the wrong shoes and my knee "bought the farm" and required surgery and never was the same. SOOOOOOOO happy that you got to do this before YOUR big four-oh! And already had the surgery. Proudly happy for you. Mom
ReplyDeleteso awesome! well done james!
ReplyDelete