After 5 years our exciting news is that we are getting new appliances! We've been looking forward to this day for a long time. Not that our previous appliances were horrible, but they were just older and more of a cheap version. The stove always made me really nervous because it got too hot on the surface.
Although I'm so stoked about having newer, upgraded appliances, there is a small part of me that is sad to see our old fridge go. We have a new stainless fridge and as everyone knows, with stainless you aren't able to hang anything with magnets on the stainless part. My favorite part about our old fridge is that we covered it in photos/Christmas cards of all our dear friends and family. The fridge was also filled the past year with kids magnets, Nate's first coloring artwork pieces, stickers, etc. So everytime I came in to the kitchen, our old fridge just made me happy. It definitely brought color and light to our kitchen.
I am in no way complaining or stating that I would like our old fridge over our new one, but I just wanted to memorialize our old fridge for the happiness it brought us with seeing the faces of our friends and family and the life/activity of our toddler every day.
With our new fridge, I had to do something--I couldn't just leave it blank, boring and sleek. So I've done what decorating I could.
It's not the same, but it'll do. I think the fact that we have way more space, a water/ice dispenser, and fun LED lighting will help me cope with the change. RIP old fridge--thanks for the great memories!
This post made me smile because the things that make us happy in our 30's is quite different than the things in our 20's!! Beautiful new fridge!!!
ReplyDeletenice! love that i've been in that kitchen ;-) gotta get you to cali to see my kitchen ;-)
ReplyDelete