Two days a week Nathan goes to a day care pretty close to our house. We don't really like calling it day care so we affectionately refer to it as "school." So far we love the place! Nathan is always in a great mood after he comes home from there. And it's easy to call it school because it's set up just like a school. The infants have their own classroom complete with photos of them on the wall, cubbies for each baby, and a student of the month bulletin board. They have a weekly curriculum too. For instance this coming week they'll be learning all about pumpkins and apples in honor of fall. Another week they learned about fire safety including fire trucks. Every day they also go on stroller walks if the weather is nice. So far Nathan has already done a handful of finger painting projects. And his classroom is full of fun activities, books and places to explore. There are no more than 6 infants there on a given day with two teachers so he gets lots of attention. This coming week they're doing school portraits too!
Every day I drop him off I feel a pain of guilt as I leave the building, but I feel comforted that he is in good hands and is probably experiencing more developmental activities than I could ever come up with! Plus the social aspect is really important for him too. We're grateful such a wonderful place is close to our home and that Nathan has such caring, dedicated teachers. It'll be exciting to see what he continues to learn and develop as a result of his classroom curriculum and watching the other kids in his class.
These are about a month old now, but here are some photos from his first day of school--on the front porch where many years of 1st day of school photos will take place! (I know...I'm such a corny mom :) )
 |
| Nathan with one of his teachers Ms. Ciana |
I love his "lunch box!!!" Is that a Spiderman or Power Rangers?
ReplyDelete