Although life social activities feel a bit calmer, the busy-ness of preparing for baby has definitely ramped up. It feels as if the past 2 weeks or so all I've been focusing on or thinking about is preparing for this baby. It's been really fun, but it's hard sometimes not to get overwhelmed and to feel unsure of if I'll really be able to do this. Will I be able to handle this parent thing? Friends have been very helpful with advice, but I always have to remind myself that our baby will have his own personality and we'll have our own style so we'll be figuring out our own techniques along the way.
We've slowly started on the nursery. Mostly right now it just has the gear we've acquired so far. But we've been proud of the great deals we've gotten! We found a brand new BOB stroller at Babies R Us for only $300! It was already put together and everything. We also found a great crib at Costco for about $400 including all the conversion parts to turn it into a toddler bed and eventually a full size bed down the road. The dresser and nightstand have been ordered from Babies R Us and just yesterday we ordered our glider rocker chair. So things are starting to come together. But man--lots of decisions lately! My wonderful husband is so great and already put the crib together in about 20 minutes (see below). So far we're very happy with it!
This past weekend we worked on the registry. Who knew that such a little person could need so much stuff!! We looked like crazy people walking around Babies R Us trying out infant car seats, putting them in strollers to see how they fit and trying to navigate the multiple aisles. We just stood in the bottle aisle with stares of bewilderment as we tried to figure out where to even begin. And as we walked through the store I noticed lots of parents with newborns. They looked like zombies who could barely put one foot in front of the other. It was a good wake up call of where we'll be in about 4 months. :)
All in all the process has been fun, but a bit daunting. I guess it all comes with the territory. I'm sure our friends who have kids are chuckling thinking "oh just wait...this is only the beginning!" I think this week I'll take a break and try to get back to "normal" life for a little bit.
| Good job James! |
Did you follow the directions or did you use your years of Lego experience and just go by the picture on the box? Were there any pieces left over? :). It is beautiful and something he will treasure all the way to college! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete